After an application and selection process that started in May, we are pleased to announce the 15 startups selected to present at FinTech Forum’s 5th Anniversary Edition, taking place on 22nd Nov. 2018 at the Airport Club, Frankfurt.
Reading through the “startups in tweets” below, we are amazed to see how far the FinTech scene has come since we launched FinTech Forum in July 2013- whether the idea, the maturity of the founders, the markets they are going after (or, in some cases, creating!), or the business and technical complexity that they address.
Congratulations to the startups who made it- we are proud to have you on board, and look forward to seeing you on stage soon!
Our (growing) list of partners, their support and sponsorship shows clearly that the D-A-CH/ Continental Europe FinTech scene continues to go strong: we would like to thank advinda Investor Cloud, Be Think, Solve, Execute, Börsen Zeitung (media partner), DVFA, Innogy Innovation Hub, InvestHK and LH Miles & More who joined our partner community.
If you would like to join us at the 10th FinTech Forum- or rather, at a journey through 5 years of FinTech in Germany/D-A-CH- please register here or, if you have any questions, please email contact (at) fintechforum.de:
Here are the startups “in a tweet”
- AAZZUR is an intelligent account aggregator with a functionality layer, where customers connect their accounts thanks to PSD2 and OpenBanking, tailored to international customers. They have acquired live Alpha customers already, and were part of the TechStars Berlin program (2018).
- advinda is disrupting how the Alternative Investment industry raises institutional capital- a simple CRM solution combined with proprietary investor intelligence on more than $68 trillion AUM in the cloud.
- BITA, is “the S&P of crypto indices“- the first professional index and data provider in the digital asset space to develop, calculate and disseminate real-time indexes and proprietary datafeeds covering the digital asset universe.
- CCEX Cloud Commodities Exchange enables Cloud Computing Resources e.g. IaaS, PaaS, SaaS, etc. to be traded similar to traditional commodities such as crude oil, gas, electricity, etc. via already existing exchanges
- CrowdDesk offers “full-service Fundrasing-as-a-Service: digitised and standardised issuing and investment processes for SMEs, startups or public agencies who need to raise capital through the crowd”. Cooperation with GLS Bank on Europe’s first crowd-investing platform of a bank.
- DACEBOOK– Digital Asset Class Exchange Book (TM) enables institutional investors to onboard, trade and process Digital Asset Class (DAC) products with enterprise grade vendor data and smart technology solutions.
- Fractal Blockchain offers on-boarding and payment software for Token Launches (ICOs) – a multidisciplinary, international endeavour- with a focus on compliance and usability.
- finbc is the P2P receivables exchange and financing platform for SME on the blockchain, enabling international invoicing and payments- both regular or cryptocurrency- right out of the ERP system.
- ForexFix offers easy and fast hedging against currency fluctuations for small and medium businesses who are doing business internationally and have costs or revenues in foreign currencies. Unlike traditional banks, Ebury or Kantox, our service is easy to use and less expensive.
- Growney is a digital Investment Advice company with a transparent, cost- effective and simple product for retail customers in Germany. They recently signed a cooperation with Signal Iduna, and receives high ratings from the independent non-profit consumer website FinanzTip.de.
- Imburse Payments is “the first end-to-end platform to solve customer value challenges at transaction level using AI/ML to optimise the offer/transaction technology combination”. With 3 committed PoCs, they have won “Best Pitch” at Swiss Fintech event and accepted to the Plug n Play Europe Batch 0 (Insurtech).
- Neon Banking is Switzerland’s 1st independent #mobile bank–free banking, offering simple, mobile and free everyday banking – free current account linked with Debit MasterCard and variety of third party products. They recently announced a cooperation with Hypothekarbank Lenzburg.
- RYSKEX is the next level of RISK EXchange, offering a hedging platform for insurance risks embedded in a B2B ecosystem. It brings together risk management units and institutional investors via a blockchain-based P2P approach supported by AI and an own token.
- XTECH is a German cryptocurrency exchange, enabling access to the hottest coins in the cryptocurrency ecosystem to both professional and amateur traders.
- <Stealth Startup> is building the first fully regulated index replication mechanism for ETF crypto investing based in Germany.
10:00 – 10:30 Event Registration
10:30 – 10:40 Welcome Note: Frank Schwab, Co-Founder, FinTech Forum)
10:40 – 10:50 5 Years FTF + Deal Highlights (Samarth Shekhar, Co-Founder, FinTech Forum)
10:50 – 11:50 Startup Pitches I
11:50 – 12:30 Guest Presentations
Thorsten Terweiden, InvestHK
(further speakers TBA)
12:30 – 13:30 Buffet & Networking
13:30 – 14:30 Startup Pitches II
14:30 – 15:00 Guest Presentations
Essential lessons from Germany’s first FinTech: Laurens Mauquoi, Smava
(further speakers TBA)
15:00 – 15:30 Panel Discussion: German FinTech, Outside Backers- Fast Forward 2023
Dr. Christian Nagel, Earlybird Venture Capital
(further panelists TBA)
15:30+ Coffee & Networking
Participating Companies (updated weekly)
advinda Investor Cloud
Be Think, Solve, Execute
DC Placement Advisors
Earlybird Venture Capital
First Momentum Ventures
Hasso Plattner Institute
Innogy Innovation Hub
Miles & More
9th FinTech Forum | 4th Anniversary Edition: Frankfurt, Sep. 2017
8th FinTech Forum in Tweets: Frankfurt, Nov. 2016
7th FinTech Forum in Tweets: Frankfurt, Apr. 2016
FinTech Forum On Tour | UK FinTech meets Germany: Frankfurt, Mar. 2018
FinTech Forum On Tour | InvestTech: London, Apr. 2017
FinTech Forum On Tour | FinTech meets Telecom: Frankfurt, Mar. 2017
FinTech Forum On Tour | FinTech meets Travel: Neu-Isenburg / Frankfurt, Sep. 2016