1. Please tell us a bit about yourself, both at work and leisure.
Family man and proud member of the venture building team at FIS to create new compelling businesses that improve our customers way to transact, pay and invest in the merchant, corporate and financial institution space across the globe
2. What are your focus areas, overall and within the (B2B) FinTech / InsurTech space?
B2X, G2X and C2X Money Movement and Infrastructure
3. Any recent deals that you would like to share with us, and why you invested or partnered?
FIS invested into Modulr Financial
4. What does it take to get to Series A today?
A desirable MVP with pilot customers with a subsequent roadmap for growth to scale
5. Which are the trends to watch out for in Europe/ EMEA in the next 6-18 months?
Consumer-focused DeFi with a compelling UX,
Pre-CBDC commercial cash on ledger solutions under EMD2, Democratization of real-time payments through on-us networks
6. What should startups expect or plan for in the coming months?
More consolidation activities on domestic & regional level, Geo entries/expansions from global plays
7. Your favorite place for a coffee and/ or a drink?
Sunrise at the Baltic sea (where I live), with a hot Americano