1. Who are you?
Xignite is the leading provider of financial market data via cloud-based APIs.
2. Which product or service do you sell and who are your competitors?
Our main line of products is a family of APIs that provide anything from real-time, to historical and reference financial data. We cover every financial asset class and data type. And we have global data from more than 45 countries.
Our primary competitors are Thomson Reuters and Interactive Data Corporation
3. How did you get your start-up idea and how did you finance your start-up?
We started as a wealth management software company and we could not find easy APIs for our software so we pivoted to our business today. Now we are the favorite data provider of FinTech companies, innovative financial institutions and… wealth management software companies.
4. What were the biggest challenges in starting?
Building an extensive catalog of data and APIs that would cover most of the requirements of our typical target market—which can be extremely expensive to build.
5. What areas within FinTech do you personally find most interesting and why?
Anything investment, capital markets and FX related as they are our primary customers.
Specifically the digital wealth management market
6. What opportunities do you see for FinTech start-ups in the DACH region, and how can we help to accelerate it?
We are seeing tremendous innovation coming from the DACH markets that mirrors what we have seen in North America. They are many areas of innovation to uncover that include the specificities and financial habits of the DACH markets and we hope to help inspire more and more of that innovation.
7. What tip would you like to give FinTech entrepreneurs?
Financial market data is not free.